These sessions will equip participants with knowledge on the efficacy of pain psychology interventions in light of the changing healthcare environment. The session will highlight special applications of pain psychology such as brief interventions and group based treatments.
Where the Past Meets the Future: Pain Psychology in a Changing World
Judith Scheman, PhD
The Power of Groups: How, Why, When and Where to Start a Pain Psychology Group
Sara Davin, PhD
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of the evidence supporting pain psychology interventions.
- Acquire skills to deliver brief interventions based in the science of pain psychology.
- Acquire skills to develop, implement and deliver group interventions that can be tailored for various complexities and types of pain.
- Chronic Pain Patient-Physician Scenarios Which Can Lead to Violence (307)
- Just the Facts, Ma’am: A Broad Overview of Evidence-Based Pain Psychology Treatments (311)
- Speed Dating: Brief Pain Psychology Interventions That Work (315)
- The Pain Psychology Imperative: Increasing Access, Improving Care (403)