Migraine is the second most common type of pain experienced in the US. It is important for the pain provider to understand how to effectively manage this common pain complaint. The goal of this session is to address updates in headache treatment, medically and interventionally for the pain practitioner.
Chronic Migraine: I Have Tried Everything I Know How to Do, Now What?
Meredith J. Barad, MD
Is There a Role for Nerve Blocks in Headache?
Nathaniel Marc Schuster, MD
Cervicogenic Headache: Diagnosis and Treatment
Narayan Kissoon, MD
- Identify the most up to date treatment recommendations for migraine and the most interesting research from the past year.
- Assess the role of nerve blocks in headache treatment.
- Identify the difference between cervicogenic headache and migraine and the treatment differentiations.
- Headache and Orofacial Pain Medicine SIG Meeting
- Practical Manual Medicine Techniques to Use in the Office for Cervicogenic Headache and Sacroiliac Pain (401)
- Treating Pain in the Elderly (305)
- Oncologic Treatment Related Pain: Updates and Paradigms for Management of Cancer-Treatment Related Pain (201)
- Addressing Barriers to Effective Pain Care Faced By Special Populations Including Women, Hispanics, and LGBTQ: Clinician, Psychology, and Economic Perspectives (205)