This is the second of a 4 hour workshop. These sessions will equip participants with knowledge on the efficacy of pain psychology interventions in light of the changing healthcare environment. The session will highlight special applications of pain psychology such as brief interventions and group based treatments.
Where the Past Meets the Future: Pain Psychology in a Changing World
Judith Schman, PhD
Speed Dating: Brief Pain Psychology Interventions That Work
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of the evidence supporting pain psychology interventions.
- Deliver brief interventions based in the science of pain psychology.
- Develop, implement and deliver group interventions that can be tailored for various complexities and types of pain.
- Practical Manual Medicine Techniques to Use in the Office for Cervicogenic Headache and Sacroiliac Pain (401)
- New Safety Considerations for Interventional Pain: Risks Associated with Cumulative use of Steroid Injections, Short and Long-Term Complications of Disc Puncture and Provocation Discography (402)
- The Power of Groups: How, Why, When, and Where to Start a Pain Psychology Group (403)
- How to Get Published in Peer-Reviewed Journals (404)
- Managing Complex Chronic Pelvic Pain: An Interdisciplinary Approach (405)