3:30–4:30 Saturday, March 9
This session highlights management strategies for patients receiving multidisciplinary care with a targeted drug delivery system.
Multidisciplinary Care with Oral Analgesics Can Lead to Intrathecal Therapy: Selected Adverse Effects and Efficacy
Michael S. Leong, MD
Intrathecal Drug Delivery: Is Bolus Administration Better Than Continuous?
Jason E. Pope, MD
Cost Effectiveness of Targeted Drug Delivery
Robert Bolash, MD
- Present the current best practice intrathecal treatments.
- Demonstrate cost-effectiveness data about intrathecal therapy compared with conservative multidisciplinary care.
- Select optimal patients for intrathecal therapy and adjust dosages, including tapering off intrathecal medications.
- General Session III (104): Radiofrequency
- New Safety Considerations for Interventional Pain: Risks Associated with Cumulative use of Steroid Injections, Short and Long-Term Complications of Disc Puncture and Provocation Discography (402)
- Immediate Adverse Events Associated with Epidural Injections, Particulate Versus Non-Particulate Steroid Using During Epidural Injections (406)
- Pain Debate! Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Radiofrequency Ablation for Back Pain, and Sacral Stimulation (302)
- General Session I: Cannabis and Pain (102)