Obese patients frequently present with pain complaints and comorbidities that challenge the scope of practice of any single medical specialty. Although the infrastructure for obesity treatment already exists in the realm of pain medicine, the simultaneous management of obesity and chronic pain requires additional office staff and physician training.
Treatment of Chronic Pain in Obese Individuals: Challenges and Solutions
Dmitri Souza, MD PhD
The Aching Fat: Obesity and Chronic Pain
Samer N. Narouze, MD PhD
- Recognize fundamental relationships between the obesity and chronic pain.
- Recognize the specifics of interventional and pharmacological management as it applies to obesity and chronic pain.
- Oncologic Treatment Related Pain: Updates and Paradigms for Management of Cancer-Treatment Related Pain (201)
- Addressing Barriers to Effective Pain Care Faced By a Special Population: Clinician, Psychology, and Economic Perspectives (205)
- Pain Management in Athletes: Neurophysiological, Biomechanical, and Psychosocial Considerations (209)
- Headache for the Pain Practitioner (316)
- Cutting Edge Science and Clinical Practice: Buprenorphine/Naloxone for Pain and Opioid Use Disorder (215)