The session is designed for all pain providers and will evaluate the current evidence on spinal cord stimulation in various pain conditions. These procedures are being critically evaluated by payors, government systems, and physicians due to cost. A clear understanding of the evidence will improve outcomes and function in this vulnerable population.
Can We Predict Success With Spinal Cord Stimulation?
Ameet S. Nagpal, MD MS Med
Not All Waveforms Are Equal: Comparing and Contrasting Different Methods of Stimulation
Performing the Procedure and Ethical Considerations
Sanjog Sharad Pangarkar, MD
- Describe situations in which it is appropriate to refer a patient for spinal cord stimulator evaluation.
- Interpret imaging, historical data, psychological screening, and physical examination to establish a pre-test probability of successful pain relief and functional outcomes with spinal cord stimulation.
- Adjust your practice patterns to improve overall safety of spinal cord stimulation.
- Optimize clinical practice management related to billing, malpractice, and collections in an ethical manner.
- Opening Session: Awards & Basic Science Night (101)
- General Session I: Cannabinoids (102)
- General Session II: Pardon the Interruption: Rapid-Fire Neuromodulation (103)
- Indications and Outcomes of Surgical Treatment of Back Pain: Getting the Right Patient to the Right Provider(s) (206)
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: A New Paradigm for Treatment of Neuropathic Pain (210)