This presentation reviews recent research on physician burnout—including signs, symptoms, and consequences—as well as effective strategies for addressing this growing epidemic. It introduces individual and organization based strategies targeting burnout in physicians that treat chronic pain.
Why Should We Care About Physician Burnout?
Heather Poupore-King, PhD
Burnout in Pain Medicine Clinicians: What Do We Know?
Drew Sturgeon, PhD
- Summarize the prevalence of physical burnout.
- Identify signs and symptoms of burnout.
- Review recent research reporting individual- and organization-based strategies and outcomes on reducing burnout.
- Practical Manual Medicine Techniques to Use in the Office for Cervicogenic Headache and Sacroiliac Pain (401)
- New Safety Considerations for Interventional Pain: Risks Associated with Cumulative use of Steroid Injections, Short and Long-Term Complications of Disc Puncture and Provocation Discography (402)
- The Power of Groups: How, Why, When, and Where to Start a Pain Psychology Group (403)
- How to Get Published in Peer-Reviewed Journals (404)
- Managing Complex Chronic Pelvic Pain: An Interdisciplinary Approach (405)