This session will discuss a variety of common pain syndromes in children and adolescents including but not limited to chronic headaches, abdominal pain, complex regional pain syndromes and back pain. The session will guide the attendees to use an evidenced-based approach to current therapeutic options for managing pain.
Chronic Pain in Children: Epidemiology and Assessment
Santhanam Suresh, MD
Chronic Pain in Children: Therapeutic Options
Ravi Shah, MD
- Assess chronic pain in children.
- Develop treatment plans using evidence-based approaches.
- Develop skills for prognosticating pain syndromes in children.
- Practical Manual Medicine Techniques to Use in the Office for Cervicogenic Headache and Sacroiliac Pain (401)
- New Safety Considerations for Interventional Pain: Risks Associated with Cumulative use of Steroid Injections, Short and Long-Term Complications of Disc Puncture and Provocation Discography (402)
- The Power of Groups: How, Why, When, and Where to Start a Pain Psychology Group (403)
- How to Get Published in Peer-Reviewed Journals (404)
- Managing Complex Chronic Pelvic Pain: An Interdisciplinary Approach (405)