Neuromodulation increasingly is seen as an alternative opioid-sparing treatment option. Given its increased use, it is vitally important that implanters understand how to identify patients at increased risk of infection, mitigate infection, and manage infection. Attendees will leave this session feeling more confident in how to decrease and manage infections.
Protocols for Infection Prevention
When the Redness Doesn’t Resolve: Infection Identification and Management
Case Experiences: Bugs and Beyond
- Discuss the incidence and impact of spinal cord stimulator infections along with identified surgical site infection risk factors.
- Diagnose and discuss types of spinal cord stimulator infections.
- Identify best practices for infection prevention as well as treatment approaches based on infection type.
- Neuromodulation Review 1 (301)
- Neuromodulation Review 2 (305)
- The Promise and Reality of Regenerative Medicine in Pain Management (307)
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)