Patients with intractable neuropathic pain are challenging. This session will discuss the evidence-based use of current pharmacotherpeutic agents that target underlying pain mechanisms. We will also review the evidence-based uses of regional and interventional techniques including neural blockade, neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation and peripheral stimulation), and targeted drug delivery and guidelines for use of some of these modalities.
Update on Pharmacotherapy
Regional and Interventional Techniques
- Review current evidence-based uses of pharmacological agents that target neuropathic pain.
- Discuss evidence-based uses of interventional techniques in patients with severe neuropathic pain refractory to conventional treatment.
- Review current guidelines and concepts in neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation, peripheral stimulation) and targeted drug delivery for intractable neuropathic pain.
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)
- Lumbar Facet Block and Radiofrequency Ablation International Consensus Guidelines Part 1 (210)
- Addressing Controversies Around Epidural Steroid Injections (212)
- Lumbar Facet Block and Radiofrequency Ablation International Consensus Guidelines Part 2 (214)