This session shares the evaluation of perioperative prescribing practices, evidence-based assessment of patient opioid requirements postoperatively, development and implementation of institutional guidelines around opioid prescribing, and qualitative factors that influence provider prescribing at a large academic medical center.
Defining the Problem and Identifying Solutions: Development of and Opioid Stewardship Program
Beyond Discharge: A Qualitative Perspective
Discharge Prescribing: Impact of Guideline Implementation
- Identify problems and develop solutions to help guide perioperative opioid prescribing.
- Describe how discharge prescribing guidelines are developed and implemented and how they improve patient care.
- Assess the dynamics of a team-based approach from a qualitative perspective and how they affect perioperative opioid prescribing.
- Going Deeper into Opioid Deprescribing: Addressing the Concerns of Prescribers and Patients to Optimize Outcomes (302)
- Opioid Therapy 2020: Past, Present, and Future (306)
- Studying the Acute-to-Chronic Pain Transition in Perioperative Patients (310)
- Moving from Patient-Reported Outcomes to Medical Informatics Approaches to Help Your Practice (407)