A recording of this preconference course is now available on demand in the AAPM Education Center
A full-day behavioral pain medicine workshop with some of the most prominent experts in the field. Presentations feature the state of the science, practice, and innovations. Participants will acquire actionable assessment skills, knowledge across a range of key topics, practical handouts, resources and tip sheets on behavioral medicine integration. This workshop is suitable for medical professionals who wish to better understand salient factors impacting their patients with pain, as well as for mental health professionals who want more experience in pain treatment. Featured workshop speaker: Dr. Franke Keefe
Behavioral Pain Medicine: Challenges and Opportunities
Placebo and Expectations
Measurement of Highest Yield Psychological Factors
Behavioral Interventions for Pain: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going?
Treatment of Depression and Anxiety Disorders
Diagnosing Addiction in Patients on Prescribed Opioids
Yes, We Do That Too: The Many Roles for Pain Psychologists
- Discuss the role of psychological factors in the experience and treatment of pain.
- List 3 novel future directions for behavioral pain medicine and list 2 key assessment tools for behavioral specialists who treat pain.
- Discuss the role of placebo and nocebo in the experience and treatment of pain.
- Strategies for Effective Pain Management (Free REMS Course)
- Leveraging Technology and Brief Behavioral Treatments to Expand Rapid Access to Low-Cost Perioperative and Outpatient Pain Care (204)
- Pharmacologic Management of Pain: Expanding the Options, Improving Outcomes (001)
- Advanced Ultrasound-Guided Pain Medicine Interventions (002)
- General Session I