Published in General Articles
The AAPM Annual Meeting is the must-attend meeting of the year because it brings together a multidisciplinary group of pain medicine clinicians. A full schedule of networking activities taking place during AAPM 2020 in National Harbor, MD will be available in fall 2019. Highlights are expected to include:
AAPM 2020 Receptions
Join AAPM leadership, fellow meeting attendees, and industry partners during evening receptions in the Resource Center. Receptions provide an excellent opportunity to socialize and network with colleagues, view more than 180 scientific poster abstracts featuring the latest pain research, and learn about the newest technologies and products to improve your practice and patient care.
Meet the Faculty
AAPM is excited to again feature Meet the Faculty events during meeting breaks. Plan to attend in the Resource Center during the following times for the opportunity to get your questions answered by pain medicine experts and engage in discussion with fellow meeting attendees:
AAPM Shared Interest Groups (SIGs)
Meeting registrants are invited to participate in SIG meetings, offering an opportunity for attendees to connect with a niche community of practitioners who share similar interests. Meeting times and locations will be posted as they become available. The following AAPM SIGs will meet in Denver:
- Acute Pain Medicine
- Interdisciplinary Pain Medicine
- Federal Medicine
- Headache and Orofacial Pain Medicine
- Pain Psychology
- Primary Care
- Resident Fellow Education
- Women in Pain Medicine
AAPM Town Hall
It’s an extraordinary time as the specialty of pain medicine undergoes dynamic changes and endures continuing challenges. The AAPM Town Hall will offer an opportunity to discuss the changing landscape of pain medicine with fellow pain practitioners and stakeholders.
The AAPM Resource Center is home base for AAPM Annual Meeting networking events. At the Resource Center, you can
- Enjoy complimentary beverages and network with colleagues during meeting breaks.
- Continue your education by viewing scientific poster abstract presentations.
- Visit the AAPM booth to learn about membership, education products, and the AAPM Foundation.
- Meet exhibitors presenting the latest information that will benefit your practice and patients and compare relevant products and services in one convenient place.
- Attend short programming at Presentation Centre that will demonstrate multimodal methods of pain management.
- Relax and recharge in the AAPM Lounge.