See everything you liked best -- or everything you missed -- with AAPM 2020 On Demand
Review educational highlights or sessions you missed at AAPM 2020 by purchasing AAPM Annual Meeting On Demand, a collection of recordings from the 36th Annual Meeting and preconference courses. AAPM 2020 On Demand allows you to view presentations you weren't able to attend live in National Harbor or refer back to content of interest with a full library of course and session voiceover PowerPoint videos—all from the comfort of your home or office.
The following AAPM 2020 activities were recorded and are now available in the AAPM Education Center as on-demand courses:
- 2020 AAPM Annual Meeting On Demand
- Pharmacologic Management of Pain On Demand
- Behavioral Pain Medicine On Demand
If you preordered AAPM 2020 on demand courses, log in to the AAPM Education Center to access your content.
|2020 AAPM Annual Meeting On Demand||Rate|
|Pharmacologic Management of Pain On Demand||Rate|
|Behavioral Pain Medicine On Demand||Rate|
More than 50 meeting sessions focusing on the theme, Innovation & Technology in Pain Medicine and addressing topics such as:
- Procedural and surgical pain management interventions, applying image-guided, minimally invasive procedures to diagnose and treat pain conditions
- Complementary and integrative mechanisms for treating pain
- Non-pharmacological pain management treatments, including physical and behavioral therapies
- Interactive patient care technologies to better manage pain expectations and perceptions, including a focus on caring for special populations, such as cancer patients, adolescents, and veterans
- Bringing research into practice and the latest basic and translational science in the field of pain
- Practice management tips and tools regarding regulatory, fiscal, and legal/ethical issues.
Presentation topics include:
- Opioid Pharmacology
- Monitoring Long-Term Opioid Therapy: Risk Mitigation and CDC Guideline Integration
- Opioid Tapering andCase Presentation
- Anticonvulsants for Neuropathic Pain
- Analgesic Antidepressants for Chronic Pain
- Pharmacologic Management of Pain-Related Sleep Disruption
- Topical Analgesics for Acute and Chronic Pain
- Muscle Relaxers
- Arachnoiditis and Aberrant Drug-Related Behavior: Management and Treatment Options
- Rapid-Fire Pharmacotherapy Review
-NSAIDs and Muscle Relaxants for Chronic Pain
-Ketamine for Acute and Chronic Pain
-Anticoagulant Management in Pain Medicine
-Pharmacologic Management of Migraine Headache
- Cannabinoids: From Bench to Bedside to Dispensary
-Pharmacology of Cannabinoids
-Regulatory Environment of Medical Cannabis
-Integration of Medical Cannabis into Your Clinical Practice
-Medical Cannabis: Dosing, Dispensaries, and Quality Control
Recordings include educational content addressing:
- Introduction to Behavioral Medicine and New Directions
- Placebo and Expectations
- Measurement of Highest Yield Psychological Factors
- Diagnosing Addiction in Patients on Prescribed Opioids
- Treatment of Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Yes, We Do That Too: The Many Roles for Pain Psychologists
- Behavioral Interventions for Pain: Where Have We Been and Where Are We Going?
Please note CME is not available for AAPM 2020 On Demand courses. Courses will be available in the AAPM Education Center within 2 weeks of the Annual Meeting. Specific presentations with a session may not be available or may be audio only if the presenter has confidential patient information or otherwise declines to be recorded.
2019 AAPM Annual Meeting Courses
- AAPM 35th Annual Meeting On Demand offers full library of more than 50 AAPM Annual Meeting sessions designed to improve clinicians' practice and ability to coordinate the multidisciplinary pain management team.
- Pain Medicine Best Practices: Integrative Solutions for Critical Challenges On Demand explores the current evidence, best practices, and emerging therapies for the treatment of chronic pain.
- Opioid and Non-Opioid Medications Management: Filling the Gaps, Prescribing for the Whole Patient On Demandprovides timely, practical information about the pharmacologic management of chronic pain.
2018 AAPM Annual Meeting Courses
- AAPM 2018 Annual Meeting On-Demand sessions address a challenge among all healthcare providers, the patients clinicians care for, and the communities they live in: balancing the need for improving comprehensive pain care while responding to the growing societal epidemic of prescription opioid and opioid-related overdose and deaths.
- Interdisciplinary/Multidisciplinary Pain-Based Care provides full access to the 2018 AAPM Annual Meeting preconference on the philosophy and benefits of interdisciplinary pain management. In light of the National Pain Strategy and treatment guidelines supporting a shift towards population-based multidisciplinary care, the role of structured interdisciplinary treatment programs and team-based care has found itself at the frontline of pain management. These recordings provide a broad stakeholder examination of multi- and inter-disciplinary pain management programs.
- Pain Medicine Best Practices: Integrative Solutions for Critical Challenges provides full access to the 2018 AAPM Annual Meeting preconference that was designed for pain specialists and subspecialists, primary care providers, and trainees interested in learning how to optimize the management of chronic pain with opioid analgesics and non-opioid therapies.
Access all AAPM on demand education in the AAPM Education Center.