Afraid of treating headache patients? Drs. Schuster, Barad, and Kissoon are headache and pain neurologists on faculty at anesthesiology-based pain fellowships. They will share a simple, methodological approach to headache evaluation and treatment for non-neurologists using mnemonics and other tools available at your fingertips.
Headache Diagnosis Made Simple
Acute, Preventive, and Rescue Treatments for Migraine: Grading the Evidence
Interventional Treatments for Headache: Evidence and Mechanisms of Action
- Recognize and utilize the SNOOP mnemonic as a screening tool for the evaluation of possible secondary headache disorders.
- Formulate an algorithmic approach to headache diagnosis using ID-Migraine and the Bigal and Lipton Chronic Daily Headache algorithm.
- Formulate an algorithmic approach to headache treatment using the AAPMF Migraine Guidelines (in development; may instead include resources as able to be presented by Meredith Barad at that time, which may include the AAN/AHS Migraine Prevention Evidence Assessment and the AHS Acute Migraine Evidence Assessment).
- Neuromodulation Review 1 (301)
- Neuromodulation Review 2 (305)
- The Promise and Reality of Regenerative Medicine in Pain Management (307)
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)