There is renewed interest in the stellate ganglion block and its role in treating post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and ulcerative colitis. Putative mechanisms are presented and techniques to optimize the performance of the block are discussed.
Stellate Ganglion Block: More Than Merely a Treatment of Sympathetically Mediated Pain
Stellate Ganglion Block: In Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Ulcerative Colitis
- Assess the possible role of the stellate ganglion block in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder and ulcerative colitis and examine the putative mechanism of this treatment.
- Analyze the use of modern imaging techniques to perform the stellate ganglion block, minimize medication administered, optimize efficacy, and minimize adverse events.
- Identify possible ways to prolong the effect of the stellate ganglion block.
- Neuromodulation Review 1 (301)
- Neuromodulation Review 2 (305)
- The Promise and Reality of Regenerative Medicine in Pain Management (307)
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)