The emerging field of peripheral nerve stimulation (PNS) has captivated practitioners in novel treatment ideas for postsurgical and chronic neuropathic pain patients. This session will be a comprehensive review of evidence, techniques, and mechanisms for PNS treatments in the pain population.
Mechanisms of Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
Indications and Novel Techniques for the Application of PNS
Evidence for PNS in Post-Surgical and Neuropathic Pain Syndromes
- Identify the physiology of PNS systems on neural transmissions and improvement in the perception of pain.
- Recognize the importance of technique, including ultrasound guidance, in optimizing the efficacy of PNS for pain patients.
- Review the evidence for PNS treatments for postsurgical and chronic neuropathic pain patients.
- Neuromodulation Review 1 (301)
- Neuromodulation Review 2 (305)
- The Promise and Reality of Regenerative Medicine in Pain Management (307)
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)