This session will discuss the challenges surrounding the safe and effective use of opioids in chronic noncancer and cancer pain populations. An update on current evidence on opioid efficacy for chronic noncancer pain will be provided. Opioid treatment guidelines will be reviewed. Additional methods to mitigate risk will be described.
Opioid Safety: Still in Search of the Holy Grail for Low-Abuse-Potential Opioids
Guidelines, Regulations, and Recommendations: Cancer and Non-Cancer Pain
The Role of Opioids in Chronic Pain Management: Assessing the Evidence
- Define opioid guidelines for cancer and chronic pain.
- Employ methods to mitigate risk when using opioids.
- Characterize current evidence for opioid efficacy in noncancer chronic pain.
- AAPM Foundation Spotlight: Opioid Reduction (102)
- Going Deeper into Opioid Deprescribing: Addressing the Concerns of Prescribers and Patients to Optimize Outcomes (302)
- Cutting Through the Hype: Marijuana and CBD Oil for Pain (203)
- Pharmacologic Management of Pain: Expanding the Options, Improving Outcomes (001)
- Studying the Acute-to-Chronic Pain Transition in Perioperative Patients (310)