This session clarifies the assessment of opioid use behaviors and delivery of individualized, patient-centered opioid reduction strategies across the continuum of opioid use and patient behaviors. The multidisciplinary faculty will summarize the best available evidence and emphasize practical tools rooted in patient safety for optimized patient engagement and success.
Demystifying Opioid Deprescribing Across the Continuum While Providing Individualized, Whole Person Pain Care
Addressing Complexities of Opioid Deprescribing with Patient-Centered Approaches: Supportive Psychological Strategies, Low-Cost Technologies, and Self-Management Tools
Seamless Integration of Opioid Use Disorder Management in Patients with Chronic Pain
- Use three behavioral strategies to enhance readiness to engage in a collaborative opioid taper.
- Distinguish opioid use disorder from complex persistent opioid dependence and simple opioid dependence.
- Describe recent federal cautions related to opioid deprescribing.
- AAPM Foundation Spotlight: Opioid Reduction (102)
- Opioid Therapy 2020: Past, Present, and Future (306)
- Cutting Through the Hype: Marijuana and CBD Oil for Pain (203)
- Pharmacologic Management of Pain: Expanding the Options, Improving Outcomes (001)
- Studying the Acute-to-Chronic Pain Transition in Perioperative Patients (310)