This symposium presents the findings of an international consortium of pain medicine and governmental organizations on the treatment of lumbar facet joint pain to include patient selection, performance and interpretation of diagnostic blocks, and optimization of radiofrequency ablation outcomes.
Minimizing Complications with Lumbar Facet Blocks
Should Facet Block Patients Routinely Be Sedated?
Differences Between Clinical Practice and Clinical Trials
Should a Trial of Conservative Care Be Mandatory Before Facet Blocks?
Should Sensory and Motor Testing Be Used Before Radiofrequency Ablation?
- Improve selection criteria for “diagnostic” facet blocks.
- Learn how to maximize lesion size and its relationship to RF ablation success rate.
- Identify the issues surrounding patient selection for clinical practice and clinical trials.
- Neuromodulation Review 1 (301)
- Neuromodulation Review 2 (305)
- The Promise and Reality of Regenerative Medicine in Pain Management (307)
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)