This symposium presents the findings of an international consortium of pain medicine and governmental organizations on the treatment of lumbar facet joint pain to include patient selection, performance and interpretation of diagnostic blocks, and optimization of radiofrequency ablation outcomes.
Guideline Questions, Methodology and Patient Selection: How Many Blocks, Cutoff for a Positive Block, and Are Medial Branch or Intra-Articular Injections Better?
Imaging and Facet Pain: Evidence for Pre-Block Imaging and Imaging for the Performance Facet Blocks
W. Michael Hooten
What is the Evidence for Larger Lesions and Parallel Electrode Orientation?
What Volume(s) Should be Used for Medial Branch Blocks and Intra-Articular Injections?
Jee Youn Moon
- Review selection criteria for “diagnostic” facet blocks.
- Assess how to maximize lesion size and its relationship to RF ablation success rate.
- Identify the issues surrounding patient selection for clinical practice and clinical trials.
- Neuromodulation Review 1 (301)
- Neuromodulation Review 2 (305)
- The Promise and Reality of Regenerative Medicine in Pain Management (307)
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Anesthetic Blocks for Facet, Sacroiliac, and Knee Joint Pain: An Evidence-Based Update (202)
- Frontiers in Denervation for Chronic Pain: Sacroiliac Joint Complex, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip (206)